Identify the difference between the medical and social models of disability.
Approach & Assist disable customers or client with confidence.
Identify potential barriers disabled people face & potential solutions.
Understand disability legislation in Dubai , UAE & beyond
In this course you will learn the following skills:
Learners will gain an understanding of the range of the disabilities & their implications, what the law requires & how they can modify their language and approach to remove barriers to accessibility and improve the experience for people with Disability.
- What is Disability & the different models?
- What is Accessibility?
- Equality & Diversity
Disability, the Law & Good Business:
- UN Charter & Universal Access.
- Federal Law in Dubai & Legal Framework.
- Current accessibility environment in Dubai.
- Best Commercial Practice.
Dealing People with Disabilities:
- Disability, Personal Feelings , Etiquettes, Misconceptions & Biases
- Dealing with specific disabilities, Hearing, Visual, Mobility, Hidden Disabilities & Ability impairments.
- Disability & use of appropriate language & good Communication.
- Movement & Access assistance within the room, Hotel & Emergency evacuation procedures.
- Supporting people to access facilities in the local environment.
Planning For Personal Improvement & Impact: